Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mumbai Arrival

Well for all of you who care here I am in Mumbai (Bombay for those who remember the Raj. For some reason Israelis tend to avoid this like the plague and for the life of me I cannot understand why. True, I have only been here for about 6 hours and I have only walked around this one particular area for 4 hours but already I like it. Of course since I am going to spend a few days here - it takes at least a week to buy and register a motorcycle - and I only start that tomorrow, I will have plenty o time to wander around and see the sights, and according to my guidebook there is plenty to see.

The flight was easy, the plane was half empty, or half full, you decide and everyone had plenty of room to spread out. I only had carry on luggage so my lie was that much easier. Of course I stocked up at the duty free and have now discovered that I can get my smokes for less than half of what I paid. Fuck it, I love buying in general and at the duty free in particular.

I am not sure where exactly I am headed after this, probably south and east. Lets see where the wind and the roads take me.

As I got out of the plane I was struck full in the face (actuallu full in the nose) by the smell but now I am aclimatised and I dont notice anything unpleasant, just something exotic. O course on the road in from the airport you see what poverty means as all along the road there are a variety of hovels and in the city there are large numbers of beggars but it is far better than I expected - of course tomorrow in daylight I may see that it is actually as bad as I expected. Hopefully not.

To all those who I saw and played with while I was in Israel, thanks! And to those I didnt see, Shit, I'm sorry, I'll see you when I get back.

Be well, work hard and think o me suering out here.

No comments: