Friday, December 01, 2006

Planet Arambol

Last night, my last night in Arambol, yes, I have escaped from "The Land Of The Lotus Eaters" and I am now somewhere else.

Anyway, last night i was invited to a party that some people were having at a house that some of them had rented, many people who plan to spend a long time in Arambol rent houses, its cheaper over time and you have extra amenities like TV and kitchen, so there I was at this party.

There were about 25 people there and I have no idea who most of them were or who lived there or whatever but in that room was the biggest collection of drug smoking parephernalia I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few rooms in my time, there were bongs and chillums and joints and a pitero (I think thats what its called). And the various instruments were in all shapes and colours and sizes and some had names and special cases and whatever and WAS I impressed! And they all knew exactly what to do and how to prepare the different implements and they all shared the work and the bongs and chillum and piteros and joints went marching endlessly around the room. Then the hosts brought out the 'piece de resistance' - 'space cookies' and after about an hour everybody was totally stoned. People were either sitting down nodding to the loud techno(?) music or wandering aimlessly about and I looked around at these 23 - 24 - 25 year olds and thought to myself what great kids they are, real salt of the earth. Done their time, paid their dues and now they want to go out and taste as much of life as they can till the mortgage hangs heavy round their necks.

they worked hard to get here and they upped and left their safe secure homes to spend 40 hours on the train with 30000 wild Indians to get from Delhi to Goa and they didnt moan or complain. they planned and worked out and bargained and priced and made friendships and developed caring and trust - Awesome young people.

And most of them dont drink or smoke cigerettes and before India they didnt smoke drugs either and when they go home they either will or they wont but they will - to paraphrase Bogie "Always have India" So Adi and Yakov and Ariel and Yafit and Ronit and Omri and Shpitz and Chen and Adi, just go on having fun till you decide its time.

1 comment:

Kobi Lavy said...

Arie promised to put up some pictures... we're waiting for them... Kobi